Sex and Gender Differences in Health and Behavior
This second module, titled "Sex and Gender Differences in Health and Behavior," applies the basic concepts presented in the first course to specific conditions and organ systems where sex and gender differences play a significant role.
Following the course, the participant will demonstrate the ability to:
- Recognize the study designs that address sex and gender differences.
- Describe how the nervous and endocrine systems regulate steroid hormones.
- Identify the typical symptoms of mood disorders.
- Outline the challenges in drug therapeutics during pregnancy.
- Compare and contrast the broad and narrow definitions of autoimmunity and autoimmune diseases.