Using This Site
What browser should I use?
This site will function with any browser.
How do I view the videos within a course?
Some of the lessons include links to short video clips. You will need to have Windows Media Player installed to view the videos. You can download the free Windows Media Player from Microsoft’s Web site.
Before attempting to read these files:
- Download Acrobat Reader to view and print PDF files
You may also wish to:
- Visit the Adobe Acrobat Reader download page to obtain the latest version of the Reader for your computer and operating system
- Browse Online Conversion Tools for Adobe PDF Documents
In order to take a course on the Science of Sex and Gender in Human Health Web site, we ask that you complete a brief registration form. However, if you do not wish to receive continuing education credit, you will not be required to enter your real name and/or contact information. The following describes how we handle information about your visit to our Web site.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you are not logged in to the Web site, we only gather and store basic information about your visit, none of which identifies you personally. This information about users/visitors will not be sold, shared, or used in any commercial way. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "company.com" if you use a private Internet access account) and IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you surf the Web) from which you access our Web site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to The Science of Sex and Gender in Human Health from another Web site, the address of that Web site.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to learn about the number of visitors, what parts of the site they are interested in, how long they use the site, and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about the identity of individuals and their visits.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you e-mail us or otherwise provide feedback or information, the Privacy Act covers your identity and the contents of your message. Be assured that:
- The information will be shared only with staff.
- Your e-mail address will not be provided to any third party or used for any electronic mailing lists, Government or private.
- We do not create individual profiles with the e-mail information you provide or give it to any other organization.
- The e-mail material, including your e-mail address and/or name, will in no way be correlated or linked to the material automatically collected, as described above.
We will use the information you provide to:
- Consider your suggestions.
- Respond directly to you for clarification.
- Answer your questions or refer you to someone who can answer your questions. In the case of referrals, we will provide you with contact information.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about our visitors, unless required for law enforcement or by statute.
This Web site is maintained by the U.S. Government. It is protected by various provisions of Title 18, U.S. Code. Violations of Title 18 are subject to criminal prosecution in Federal court. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations, and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
Disclaimer of Endorsements
Reference herein to any specific products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favor by the U.S. Government. The views and opinions of the authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the U.S. Government and shall not be used for advertising or for product endorsement purposes.